Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cut Crease FAIL


Hey Loves,

Long time no talk to! I have been busy with finishing up my last months of education, graduating with my Master's, and moving up to full-time at work. With all that being said, I have said time and time again that I would like to be more consistent with my blog. As a part of self-care, a term that most helping professionals use, I will use this as a positive outlet or way of taking myself out from the daily bustle of my work.

I will eventually do a Q&A type of blog where you can get to know me more on a personal level. Stay tuned for that. If that is something you all want anyways. Let me know in the comment section down below and shoot me some questions on Twitter. Information is listed to your right.

Okay now on to the reason for this post...

Soo I literally just got done with attempting a cut crease look and geez, it is not as easy as I thought it would be. I have to say that I understand that I have a very crappy eye shape, in terms of not being able to achieve many looks as most MUA's or YouTubers due to having more lid space, but can a girl catch a break? I had to wipe my eyes more than several times and my eyes are now dry, irritated, and I am afraid they will be swollen by tomorrow. UGH. I had that happen during the day of my graduation. It was TERRIBLE. I am thankful that it doesn't show in most of my pics, but it was like that for a couple days after.

Anyways, I was trying to follow a couple of videos that I watched and one YouTuber, Marla Nyamdorj's video where she angles her cut crease due to her eye shape. I was thinking it seemed sort of complicated, but I could recreate it if I tried hard enough. Definitely NOT the case. I attempted it and FAILED. I must have angled it at least four times and it just wasn't working. I figured maybe I had enough of a crease to do it the "normal" way. The video itself, is super helpful and I really like how she angled it versus doing it the "normal" way. Probably if I practice more and get more comfortable with cut crease in general, I'll be able to do it.

Then I watched J LINHH's video which seemed really easy to recreate. I figured with this that the most important part was the blend and make sure I still have a defined line. THAT was NOT the case. The look appears to be simple, but elegant. I love the look and thought it would be perfect for me. I ended up following her video and getting it after three tries, but alas at the end, it was a FAIL.

I had the look all completed with a full face done and all. I tried to take pictures of the look, but it ended up looking terrible on camera. I didn't even save any of them. I thought about creating this post after the fact. FAIL. Just a night of FAIL's. LOL.

I guess you can say that I am pretty mad that at my first attempt at cut crease, I was defeated and I feel like I am not capable in understanding my eye shape. I am not a professional MUA nor do I claim to be, but I am pretty confident in my skills and abilities as someone who is self-taught. I mean, I have been watching YouTube Beauty Guru's for at least 2 years now and have been able to pick up on various tips, tricks, etc, You would think that I would know my eye shape by now and how to best compliment it. I guess I need to study it more and search for more videos, blogs, articles, etc on those with hooded eyes or eyes that require more of a different approach in application.

I feel that overall, I have grown as a hobby makeup lover and have looked back at my Instagram posts from last year which have solidified my belief in my growth. TRUST. Look back at my old posts. Even my recent posts are better than some from a couple months ago. LOL. Okay, now I am feeling better cuz I had to revisit the journey I have been through and how I will continue to grow because that is what we do people. We go on multiple journeys and we grow from them.

Sorry that this has turned more into a rant than anything, but I felt the need to let you know because I am sure I have or will have people that follow my blog with monolids or hooded eyes who will share the same struggles as I do. Also, it is MY BLOG and I haven't been on here in a while.

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I will now end this post and go to bed... which means letting Bob's Burger play on Netflix while I'm on Tumblr. Hehe. If there is anything you would like to see on here, please let me know in the comments below or hit me up on any one of my social media platforms. I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying your summer so far. Can't wait to hear from you soon.


Take care!



XOXO,


Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment